Achtung Amy!

Natural blonde...just trying to navigate the seas of life.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Priceless Perspective

You know, I was chatting with a friend today who is pregnant with her 2nd child. She is also watching her mother die slowly from lung cancer and they don't give her much longer to live. Her perspective if that of someone who has new life growing inside her while she deals with her mother's life leaving her. That's perspective that I hope to never experience first hand yet what priceless perspective she can provide. Yet today, she did say "May I give you some unsolicited advice?" She told me that I should listen carefully and value any suggestions or desires my own mother might have about my pending wedding preparations. She said that she didn't listen to her mother as much as she wished she had. She let one particular request from a proud mother go ungranted though it was of no consequence to her as the bride. Yet the request would've meant THE WORLD to her mom. I can only guess that my dear friend is haunted by the "should've, could've, and would'ves" when it comes to her experiences and interchanges with her dear dying mother. Tragic.

I can't help but think of my other friend who's father is currently trying to rid himself of stage four prostate cancer. I'm sure her perspective is keen, painful yet priceless as well. I hope and pray her time with her father won't be cut short.

I also had the opportunity (on Saturday) to meet a beautiful 25 year old mother of 5 who is slowly dying from a severe case of MS. I can only imagine what perspective she might have especially with regards to her darling young children and her wonderful and serving husband. I pray that she lives to see her children get their driver's license and even marry and have children of their own.

You know, the world would have us believe that stuff and status are the most important things in life. Really its not about fame, money, popularity or even own selves....what is important is our relationships with the ones we love and that most specifically including God. Why waste more time and effort in the wrong stuff for even a second longer?? Life is so extremely precious and short and some people earn that priceless perspective the most difficult and painful way possible! I hope to learn from their experiences and make the most of my time with my loved ones instead of squandering it a day longer.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

Beautiful Amy, Thank you!

Wednesday, April 16, 2008  
Blogger Ginny said...

I am also a friend of Kristin's and have appreciated the perspective, along with yours! Thanks for sharing (even with the lurkers). Good luck with the wedding plans!

Thursday, April 17, 2008  
Blogger Kristin said...

Seriously Amy, you should post a little more often! :)

signed, newest blog addict!

Friday, April 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home