Achtung Amy!

Natural blonde...just trying to navigate the seas of life.

Monday, March 3, 2008

In a cemetery...my dreams came true!

Who can say that their dreams came true ... in a cemetery? Odd enough, I'm pleased to say that I can. Last night, Fletcher and I went on a "walk" through a favorite cemetery of ours. Its just around the corner from my house and looks more like a park than a place for the dead to rest. It contains huge oak trees and rolling hills. Its always so peaceful and beautiful, no matter the time of year. On a day like March 2nd, it was a place where winter and spring had collided. Its also a place were my life and Fletcher's collided as well. We found ourselves here together for the first time on September 21, 2007. It was our first date and we went to dinner and a movie....and then a walk through the cemetery because the fall air beckoned us. It was again in October that we took a walk there to discuss a very serious matter..."us". We sat on a bench with a grand view of Mt. Olympus and engaged each other in a very vulnerable conversation. This is where Fletcher said that he first felt really deep feelings for me... :)

So it was perfectly fitting that Fletcher took me to that same bench (last night)...on an ordinary Sunday evening that turned out to rather extraordinary. For it was on this same cemetery bench where I sat when Fletcher got down one knee and asked me to be his wife...and all my dreams came true.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Oh, Amy! Best wishes to you both! I am so very happy for you.

Monday, March 03, 2008  
Blogger Dave said...

I couldn't be happier for the two of you. My deepest congratulations to you both, and best of luck to you in your combined future!

Monday, March 03, 2008  
Blogger Michelvis said...

I flove that cemetary...and the Fletcher/Amy union as well!

Monday, March 03, 2008  
Blogger bv said...

Leave it to a red headed vixon! CONGRATS! I am so excited that you are happy and that all of your dreams are coming true!!!

xxox

Monday, March 03, 2008  
Blogger Carrie said...

Gonna sound strange but I have dreamed about getting engaged in a cemetery since my youthful goth days, lucky.

Monday, March 03, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home