Achtung Amy!

Natural blonde...just trying to navigate the seas of life.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Genetics and Robert Redford

A few things that I know are hereditary:
- detached ear lobs
- ability to roll tongue
- diateties

One thing I didn't know was hereditary:
- favorite movies

Sooo, apparently my favorite movie is one of the most boring movies ever! I've tried to show it to dear friends and they either fall asleep or bail on me before its over. What movie is it you ask? "Out of Africa" ...starring the dreamy Robert Redford and amazing Meryl Streep. Despite the fact that it won 1985 "Best Motion Picture" and a thousand other awards for music and cinematography, only I seem to appreciate and love it so much....that is what I thought until two weeks ago. Apparently, unknown to either of us, "Out of Africa" is also my dad's favorite movie too!!!!! I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT. (I've never felt so close to my papa before.)

Who knew that someone (me) who avoided sad movies based on true stories would deem her all-time favoriate movie as one that was sad and based on true story? I'm messed up. But that is how good this movie really is!!! I'm just saying.

UPDATE: On Sunday, I thought I might torture Fletcher with a view of this same movie. He was ready and willing to prove his love for me by committing 3 hours of his Sunday afternoon this to viewing pleasure. Turns out...HE LOVES THE MOVIE TOO!! And he's not even related to my dad! Okay, I don't think its his favorite movie ever but he loved everything about it. Not only did he stay completely engaged, I think he'd even watch it again with me!!! Lucky him! :)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger bv said...

Haha! I use to go crazy growing up because of movies like this. There was one summer when I swear it was on HBO everyday and it felt like it lasted an eternity!!

I'm glad someone likes it ;)

Wednesday, August 06, 2008  
Blogger Melissa and Jeff said...

Well, well... I found someone who loves it as much as me! I even have the soundtrack, how about that?! I don't know what it is about that movie, but I simply love it. I wanted to go there on my mission there because of that movie!

Sunday, August 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home