Achtung Amy!

Natural blonde...just trying to navigate the seas of life.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Obama's America

(DISCLAIMER: There is a good chance I may offend a few friends with the following statement however, its not an attack on them personal. Its merely my blog and my American right to free speech as they have theirs. God bless this nation!)

In watching this attached video, my head wants to explode!!! I just want to know how some Americans can support a man with these kinds of hypocrisies? I'm not saying that any candidate isn't without their errors, but there are just way too many scary and unanswered questions about Obama. There are also some very frightening and Marxist things about him that come out of his very own mouth (again, see video for the facts). The foreshadowing of what his presidency and the America he would create is down right horrific! Have we really become a society that will back someone just because of their race, as some have seriously confessed? Or because he's the trendy candidate? Or just because Oprah and all of Hollywood think he is the second coming of the Messiah? Or just because he declares that there will be "hope" and "change"? At one point, Hitler was a "change' but hardly for the better (a major understatement).

I have no candidate to endorse here...except maybe Santa Claus. (How amazing would that be.) I'm just saying that I really pray America is smarter than to elect a man of this caliber, or the lack there of. We've played the trendy/popularity game. Its called high school and that is the place where people vote for the "cool kids". Dancing on Ellen and dawning the cover of Rollingstone isn't the reason to put the trendy guy in the white house. He needs substance, values, and a commitment the principles that this country was founded on. Obama isn't our guy and I say that with total confidence. I do NOT want to live in the America that Obama would create. Watch for yourself and hear it straight from Obama's mouth then you decide:
http://www.eyeblast.tv/Public/Video.aspx?rsrcID=2036

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

I haven't gotten all the way through the video clip yet... it's having a hard time loading. However, I was already terrified and I'm getting more so. I'm so afraid of what is going to happen to our country. I don't see any good candidates and even if there was one he probably wouldn't get voted for. Scary! All we can do is pray, I guess!!!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008  
Blogger Michelvis said...

Well thank our lucky stars you didn't insult your friends with your last comments on your polital tyrade.

Kristin, do your own research...surely Amy is smart enough to know that this is propaganda and if you looked hard enough, you can find the same anti McCain, Romney, Hilary, or even Santa Clause type videos that will horrify you. It's someone else's *agenda*

Way to exercise your freedom of speech Amy! I'm so glad you played the popularity/Oprah/Hollywood card becaue I feel so busted for not having a mind of my own.

Thursday, July 24, 2008  
Blogger lizzo said...

Aw...Amy, it's a bad time to be a conservative, isn't it?

Welcome to the hell I've been living in for the last eight years. You're gonna love it!

OBAMA IN '08!!!

Thursday, July 24, 2008  
Blogger buzzanna said...

I am sure I'm not an Obama fan, but I have a hard time trying to figure out what political candidates really stand for, because there is so much spin out there. I am positive this video had some truth and fact to it, but it is also obvious that many things were taken out of context, and that the creator was trying to be dramatic.

Friday, July 25, 2008  
Blogger buzzanna said...

The rest of my comment didn't show up.....

I recently heard a quote by Howard W. Hunter who said, "the gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way this world will ever know peace". I really believe this is true and there will always be discontent and corruption, and distrust with politics. I try not to worry too much about politics, the economy, etc., and try to focus more on getting my ducks in a row. Afterall, these are the things that I can control.

All that being said, I tend to agree with the Obama conspiracy theory and I would never vote for a candidate with the middle name "Hussein". I wish I could understand the situation more clearly, but I distrust most media sources. Who knows what to believe.

Friday, July 25, 2008  
Blogger Singing Reep said...

Um....Is Edward from Twilight running? If so....He's got my vote!!! Go Team Edward!!! By the way...I love you all!!!

Friday, July 25, 2008  
Blogger bv said...

um...since there was an Edward nominee can i throw jacob into the bag?

Friday, July 25, 2008  
Blogger Achtung Amy! said...

Yes, Kristin, do you own research as Michelle suggested and you'll find what I have found. This isn't propaganda but a video essay of all the things I've heard and seen over the last umpteen months. I listen to conservative talk radio and read the liberal news. I listen to the love-fest that the media has for Obama and even they are reporting these things as well. I believe where the extreme left and the extreme right meet and their points overlap on a certain subject, that must be were the truth lies and I stand my opinion and the message of the attached video.

As for my dear Michelle, you've obviously taken my opinion very personal. I never said that you didn't have a mind of your own or “busted” you personally for being on the popularity band wagon. However, I truly do believe there are MANY people that are Obama supporters just because Oprah and Hollywood have endorsed him and it is they for whom I directed my remarks. Surely you are smart enough to know that I wouldn’t attack my friends, especially you. Plus, you scare me. :)

Ann, thanks for your HW Hunter quote. I needed a reminder of what is ultimately important.

Saturday, July 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home