Achtung Amy!

Natural blonde...just trying to navigate the seas of life.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

A Father's Day Gift for Me!!!

Wow, I'm such a misfit! I thought I had totally blogged about this but it turns out I haven't. I think I was distracted by Yellowstone and Jordan Knight (shame on me). I am feeling a bit pensive this morning (not sure why) but I have been reflecting back to Father's Day about three weeks ago. I was asked to give a talk in church about my father (I have been blessed with an amazing one). Its been quite some time since I've spoken in church. I only know a few people in my ward including Fletcher. I knew that in searching the congregation from the stand, I could look down and find his familiar, supportive, and smiling face. That brought me much comfort. Well, as sacrament meeting was just about to begin...and my heart was pounding just a little bit harder, in walked six of my beautiful girl friends!!! Michelle, Stacie, Uyen, Mare, Lori and Lowder all showed up (a total surprise) to hear me speak. I nearly burst into tears at their support and love. NOT ONLY THAT, but then my sweet parents walked in right behind them!!!! I was shocked!! I love my parents and though I was speaking on "my father" that day, I didn't even imagine that they would show up. I live 35 miles from them AND they were suppose to be on their way to Yellowstone. What an amazing moment to see 9 people, in a see of strangers, who not only love me and support me but are some of the most important people in my life. God is great! I am blessed.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger bv said...

I didn't realize the girls surprised you! This is a precious little short story.

Saturday, July 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home