Achtung Amy!

Natural blonde...just trying to navigate the seas of life.

Monday, July 21, 2008

A Heavenly State of Mind

I was listening to Bob Lonsberry (AM talk show host) the other day when I heard him say "I'm thankful for this day." It stood out to me as I thought it sounded like something you say when you are praying. For a moment, I wondered if he got too lax and was just going with the flow and let that phrase slip out by habit. Hm? Either way, it reminds me of a hilarious story about my mom....

One night, when she was a teenager, the family was settling down to the table for dinner. They were about to bless the food when the phone rang. My mom jumped up to answer the phone and as she did she said ON THE PHONE "Our dear kind Heavenly Father"....HAHAHAHA!

In all seriousness, if only we could get phone calls from God huh? Maybe Apple will work out some new iPrayer or something.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Singing Reep said...

LOL!!! Yeah....Mom's crazy! But we love her.....Oh yeah, you should try to market that iPrayer thing to apple....you'd make a bunch of money, and then I KNOW you'd give me some!!!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home