Achtung Amy!

Natural blonde...just trying to navigate the seas of life.

Friday, June 6, 2008

Pensive...

I currently have a some stuff to feel sad about in my life (we all can say that right?) but I don't like to live my life that way. But sometimes its hard not to. Well, and then we have people in our life who put it all in perspective for us and suddenly our blessings become so many that we cannot count. I had one of those moments today.

I was chatting on the phone with a dear friend, for whom I've mentioned before. Her mother is laying at death's door due to lung cancer. She could only have a few days left here on this earth. I CANNOT BELIEVE that someone that I actually know and care about so deeply is going through this experience with her mother! It just floors me. Those things happen to people that I don't know...but only hear about. What a reality check. I know she is reading my blogs and I just want to say to her "thank you" and "I love you". You have been such an amazing bright and shining example to me. You are so much stronger than you probably see yourself. You have served others when you have been in such great need yourself! Kc, I'm so blessed to call you my friend. Your dear beautiful mother will live on in you. From what I know of her, I can see parts of her in you. You have pass those traits on to your cute little boys (and hopefully little red head girls someday). :) Its not what you want to hear. It doesn't bring you the comfort you need but its true..and I'm here for you.

It is through my friend's trial, that my trials seem so insignificant (most of them) and others seem more manageable and survivable. I'm so bless. You are so blessed too. God is all around us, blessing us every which way. Will we stop to see it? Will we stop to give Him gratitude? Just last Saturday, my new sister-in-law gave birth to baby Phoenix! She is my 3 neice and she is so beautiful. She was healthy and she is happy and I'm so happy to be her aunt. We are so blessed.

Today is my mother's 53rd birthday. She is still so young (though she would argue otherwise). I don't spend enough time with my mom. I miss her. I love her. I'm so blessed to have her. I get my beautiful red hair from her and my love for sleep. LOL.

Go home and hug your mom today. Give her a call...and tell her that she means the world to you! That you want to grow up to be just like her... That she will never be forgotten.

Life is precious and priceless. Its a gift to be used wisely. Don't waste what has been given to you. I hope to retain such persective on this pensive day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

You're wrong... what you said WAS comforting. Thank you!

Friday, June 06, 2008  
Blogger Kate said...

Amy, what a beautiful post. It brought tears to my eyes. Thank you.

Friday, June 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home