Achtung Amy!

Natural blonde...just trying to navigate the seas of life.

Monday, June 9, 2008

FINALLY..."The Right Stuff"

I'm sure to get quite a bit of grief for this, but I really could CARE LESS. This is a dream come true for my inner hormone raging teenager inside. She's been completely unsatisfied since the late 80's/early 90's. Today...satisfaction is one step closer to becoming a reality because I just got NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK TICKETS!!!!!! NKOTB were so hot in the 90's (especially that Jordan Knight) and it turns out there are not so bad nearly 20 years later so that makes this even sweeter. I mean, if they were sporting duds like K-Fed and a mug to match, well, my inner 12 year old would be sorely disappointed as well as it's 30+ year old host. Turns out its not the case AT ALL (check it)! Now before you judge me, know that I am not the only mega fan who will be there...Michelle and Stacie will be joining me in all teenage glory as well!!!! They were lucky enough to see them back in the day when jelly bracelets, denim jackets and braided tails (like Jordan's) were the height of sophistication. At that time, I was DYING to go to the show myself and my bff (Susan Lessig) even had a ticket for me to go but my parents said "no" because the they didn't want me being chauffeured around by Susan's 16 year old brother. LAME!!! It twas the biggest let own of my childhood...ever! EVER! Vindication is mine! Its funny to think that if I would've gone, in that very room was my future bff and concert going buddy Michelvis!!!!! Lucky girl...she has seen the dream that is Jordan Knight with her very own eyes...now we get to go together!!! LOL. I miss being a kid.

THEN
NOW

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

You should call your parents and tell them that you're getting even and going with someone else's 16-year-old brother...16 years after it's even ok to hand out with 16-year-old boys.

I'm jealous. Can't say I was a HUGE fan back in the day (they never visited Idaho). Do you think the entire stadium will be full of 30-something women?

Monday, June 09, 2008  
Blogger Michelvis said...

Crap, why did you out us? I was perfectly fine with never telling anyone about this!!! Ok, well now that the word is out, let's make signs. :)

Monday, June 09, 2008  
Blogger lizzo said...

DUDE!!! I'll see you there! Gina and I are going too! I don't care what you say about Jordan, Joey is where it's at now! FOT!!!

Tuesday, June 10, 2008  
Blogger bv said...

You're so funny! I saw them open for Tiffany back in 5th grade and was so less than interested. I remember all of the hype. Did you have pins on your jean jacket?? Was your locker doused full of NKOTB paraphenelia???

I loved Carrie's comment about a 16 year old boy now!!!!!!

Tuesday, June 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home